Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daylight Savings Challenges

For some reason, ever since Daylight Savings Time, our baby's sleep schedule has shifted, making it tough on mommy and daddy.  She used to nurse and go to bed between 7:30 and 8pm.  This has been pretty consistent up until now.  As of this week, she goes to sleep at about the same time, then wakes up about 1/2-hour later and is WIDE awake and wants to crawl around everywhere.  At about 9:30 or 10pm she starts to get tired again and has a hard time going to sleep without taking a bottle.  What's up with that?  So I give her a bottle and she goes back to sleep.

I'm normally a go-with-the-flow kind of guy and can adjust to whatever the baby needs, but I'm having a really hard time with this.  On the one hand it's good because I'm the one who stays up with her while mommy sleeps and I get to spend a few more hours a day with her, which I've been missing since I went back to work.  The downside is that I'm used to having that time to myself to chill after work, then to work on my personal projects.  Now that time is pretty much gone.  Anyone have any suggestions?

She's 10 1/2 months now.

Thanks!
-t.

No comments:

Post a Comment