Children's programing is tripping me out. Seriously. My daughter is obsessed with Dinosaur Train. Last night as I sat with my wife, I can hear my daughter speaking in her sleep. "Dinosaur Train."
What the hell is going on? I don't even like her watching T.V. but after awhile you get broken down. Straight up Git-mo Bay style. My wife looks like she's just done 15 rounds with a young hard hitting George Forman, and I have my head so far up my own ass, I am useless. So the T.V. finally comes on (if I am lucky, there's a break smack in the middle of the Dinosaur Train, at 15 minutes, where I turn it off.) Tonight, was really cool though, we sat in the recliner, my daughter with her "cow milk"(she's knows the difference and likes to show off that she knows), me with my loud brain screaming "you better make more money or you're all going to die", and we watched as the dinosaurs stomped around with their feet. "I am mad" the green bird says, "I stomp because it's fun" says the purple little meat eater. There we were, two peas in a pod and at the 15 minute mark, BAMM! OFF went the T.V. I thought I was slick, making sure I can regulate while I am still bigger than her...My daughter put up a bit of a fuss, looking up as if to say, "Are you f-in serious man, I know there's 15 more minutes of this thing, I maybe small, but I am not as stupid as you dad. This is MY show! Gimme break" but then, afterwards, she decided to dismount off the recliner, and show me how she too can stomp around. I joined her, we smiled, the house shaking, was it dancing? Hell, if I know, I don't really care, it was fun. It was a moment where we were just hanging... Doing our thing. Later, as I was getting my keys, she looked at me, and said: "bye dad." She knows my routine, she watches me like an undercover cop on a stake out. Dismissing me, to move back to my wife. I am not into the downloading heat waves off the flat screen and the possible warp of the brain it puts on all of us, especially her little head, but if she likes it, she likes it. I can allow some time, some escape from the norm, it's not like she's watching mixed marital arts or better yet horror flicks. It's some dinosaurs for crying out loud, and for the most part they resolve conflict fast... All aboard!!!
-J
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment