Monday, February 1, 2010
Sitting With Her.
She's just really funny. The best decision I ever made was to marry my wife. Not only is she really nice, pretty, and caring. She's also FUNNY. So we are watching the Grammy's late, because the baby tends to take her time while co-sleeping and now that she's moving around we have to watch that monitor closely because the bed is very high off the ground. So my wife puts pillows up everywhere as a makeshift barricade. (This will not be working for much longer). We are in a frantic - get the house ready - baby proof extravaganza- meltdown. Not to fear, I will take it one room at a time, and start with the PLUGS. Then slowly work my way to the fireplace and the corners of things... I suggested we just give the baby a helmet and letter go hog wild, but my wife thinks that will give her a complex. Personally I think it will give her the confidence to head butt. I digress. So my wife is the funny one. We are watching the grammy's and I can't even repeat the jokes, but she had me laughing. We thought to ourselves how bizarre these awards shows are, considering the nation is plunged into debt, we are out of work, trillions of dollars are spent on war, but these performers are getting all strange loving up on eachother with uddles of cash, it was odd. Granted, we enjoyed PINK, (I can't believe I just copped to that) but we just were saying how these show's should be private for the stars, and if you want to spend a bunch of money you can go, but the 3d t.v. action was horrendous. Thank heavens we didn't spend to much of our time wasting it on this show, dvr's don't fail us now... This brings to mind how important our alone time really is, I just love the hell out of my woman, there's just not enough time in the day to enjoy being with her. We get caught up in such trivial worries (like how we are going to pay the light bill, pay for gas, or if the earth is going to still be here tomorrow) instead of enjoying that moment where we are just laughing, caught in the rapture of what helped us become parents. Being partners! Truly enjoying eachother's company. Now my wife might have a total different spin on tonight's misadventure, but I just enjoyed sitting with her... J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the blogger community!
ReplyDeleteJust droppping by to say hello ...unsolcited advice: Put your URL for your blog in your Twitter info. I had to check your tweets to find your blog. Really ...it's small steps and you've got the Twitter thing happening well so far. Please do come visit us @Singlemommyood. Half of our readers are dads.