Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's 1055pm- My wife just showed me the baby montior

My baby is sleeping in a crib. OMG. I can hear it in my wife's voice, she's sad about it. But my daughter is fast asleep and looks pretty comfortable. I am in the bathroom, where else? I have mixed feelings about this too though. I love having our daughter co-sleep with us, after all she is the third party in what used to be a duo that has now become a trinity. But I had the feeling she was trying to tell us she wanted this, maybe we were too much up in her space and she just wanted time to relax. After all we are kissing on her and loving her and moving around, I mean the bed is a CAL KING, but obviously tonight is her first try, she seems content so far. Some dad's I know and their partners where all about schedule right out the gate, and I personally don't believe there truly is a right or wrong way, but for us schedules seem to accomadate the parents right off bat, so we are just trying observe the cues our baby gives us and take it one day at a time. My thought and feeling was, look they are only going to be babies for so long, I am in not hurry to get her walking and talking and sleeping by herself, she has a whole life ahead of her, I am trying to enjoy my time with her, because it's unique. I try to stay present with her and my wife and the dog for that matter. But selfishly I feel a bit mixed about this and I just saw it on the monitor five minutes ago, but I will try to keep writing about it as my feelings evolve or digress. Granted the other part of me, is like, yes, now some mommy daddy action, we get our own bed back etc etc. But I have been used to having her there and feel the three of us can be in sink with one another, more will be revealed I guess. Dads: Any feelings on this? -Josh

1 comment:

  1. Update; She woke up three times and wound up back in the bed with us. Interesting. My wife actually wants to try again tonight. Very interesting indeed. I still have mixed feelings...

    ReplyDelete